NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
The consolidated cargo turnover of Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port Group (NCSP Group) for the period of January-September 2013 amounted to 106.5 million tonnes, compared to 121.3 million tonnes in the first nine months of 2012, the company's press-service says.
Handling of liquid cargo for the nine months of the current year totalled 88,972 ths tonnes, compared to 99,980 ths tonnes in the same period of 2012.
Crude oil handling for the three quarters of 2013 comprised 69,430 ths tonnes, oil products handling amounted to 18,987 ths tonnes, UAN handling equalled 435 ths tonnes, and seed oils handling amounted to 120 ths tonnes.
Oil products volumes have demonstrated sustainable growth of 36.3% year-on-year throughout the reporting period and reached 18,987 ths tonnes in 9M 2013 versus 13,931 ths tonnes in the same period of 2012. Novorossiysk Fuel Oil Terminal and Primorsk Trade Port showed year-on-year increases of 2,351 ths tonnes and 2,247 ths tonnes, respectively.
From January to September 2013 NCSP Group handled 5,879 ths tonnes of bulk cargo compared to 9,381 ths tonnes during 9M 2012.
At the end of 9M 2013 grain handling amounted to 2,293 ths tonnes, of which 1,815 ths tonnes were loaded in Q3 2013, almost four times more that during the whole first half of the year.
Iron ore handling for the three quarters of 2013 totalled 1,493 ths tonnes with year-on-year increase of 10.6%, which is a material achievement compared to industry’s average growth of 3% according to ASOP.
Sugar handling in 9M 2013 increased by 18.8% year-on-year totalling 660 ths tonnes.
General cargo volumes in the reporting period amounted to 8,086 ths tonnes relatively on a par with last year. Ferrous metals volumes were also flat year-on-year at 6,571 ths tonnes versus 16.5% decrease at Russian ports total, according to ASOP. Timber handling decreased by 37% year-on-year.
NCSP Group’s container throughput in January-September 2013 comprised 458.6 ths TEU versus 465.3 ths TEU for the same period of 2012.
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 16.09.2013 Russian seaports’ eight-month cargo volume rises 4.2% to 387.2 million tonnes