Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
In January-September, 2013, Taganrog Commercial Seaport OJSC handled 994,000 t of cargo (-15%, year-on-year), says press center of UCL Holding.
According to the statement, the decline should be attributed to lower transshipment of dry loose and bulk cargo (-37% to 456,000 t) caused by unfavorable situation in grain and coal markets. Grain transshipment dropped three times to 56,000 t; coal – by 26% to 380,000.
Transshipment of liquid bulk cargo declined by 7% to 173,000 t.
However, transshipment of general cargo surged by 43% to 365,000 t owing to boosted transshipment of metal (up 2.5 times to 242,000 t).
The company’s container throughput hit 5,400 TEUs.
In the accounting period, Taganrog Commercial Seaport handled 180,000 t of import cargoes and 803,000 t of export cargoes; transshipment of coastal trade cargo hit 11,000 t. In January-September, the company handled 11,243 rail cars and 293 vessels.
Taganrog Commercial Seaport OJSC is a key stevedoring company of the Taganrog port. In 2012, it handled 1.5 mln t of cargo. The major shareholder of Taganrog Commercial Seaport OJSC is UCL Port, stevedoring division of the International transportation group UCL Holding which controls a number of stevedoring assets in the South and North West of Russia.
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 16.09.2013 Russian seaports’ eight-month cargo volume rises 4.2% to 387.2 million tonnes