Customs office opens in port Taman
Federal Customs Service of Russia has established the branch of customs point Seaport Temryuk of Krasnodar Customs – customs clearance and control department No 2 in seaport Taman, FCS says in its press release.
The decision was made for implementation of an investment project on creation of the new dry cargo district of port Taman and the development of the existing port infrastructure in the western part of Taman peninsula.
The department’s region of responsibility includes Temryuk district with adjacent infrastructure and international check points – seaport Temryuk and seaport Taman.
The officials of the newly created department execute operations on placement of goods under customs procedures including opening/completing customs transit procedures, clearance of foreign shipping vessels. They also carry out actual control of goods passing the checkpoint in seaport Taman.
In view of expected increase in calls, permanent customs control zones were set up in the water area of Taman seaport checkpoint. They will be busy with customs control of sea going vessels and goods they carry.
The project on creation of the new dry cargo district of port Taman implies the construction of facilities at Taman peninsula (Krasnodar Territory) capable of handling 94 mt of dry cargo per year.
The project implementation has been foreseen by all strategic programmes and budget planning documents from 2008: Transport Strategy of the Russian Federation till 2030; Strategy for the development of seaport infrastructure till 2030; federal special-purpose programme Development of Russia’s Transport System (2010-2020).
The project is being implemented through the private-public partnership (PPP) and comprises the construction of new cargo handling port complexes (marine terminals) intended for transshipment of dry bulk and loose cargo (coal, mineral fertilizers, sulphur, iron ore and iron ore concentrate, grain), general cargo (steel) and containerized cargo financed by private investors and the facilities of federal ownership - hydraulic facilities, utility and power supply facilities as well as railways, highways and marine approaches financed by the federal budget.
Adapted from Portnews
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 16.09.2013 Russian seaports’ eight-month cargo volume rises 4.2% to 387.2 million tonnes