State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
State Expertise approval of the project on creation of the dry cargo district in Taman port is to be obtained in the middle of October, 2013, IAA PortNews journalist cites Director General of RMP Taman LLC Igor Rusu as saying at the off-site meeting of the Board of Directors of the Association of Commercial Sea Ports in Anapa.
Taman port’s dry cargo district is to be built in the westernmost part of the Krasnodar Territory at the Tuzla Cape. Its design capacity is 93.8 mln t (containers, coal, grain, raw iron ore and concentrate, mineral fertilizers).
There is a plan to build a port with a protected water area at the existing and reclaimed territories.
The following project designs on federally owned facilities have been elaborated by now: approach canal, port’s water area (depth – 19.4 m to handle vessels with the capacity of up to 180,000 t), wave protection facilities, hydraulic engineering structures, berths, port infrastructure for operation of state services and organization, external ground infrastructure (36-km long highway of 2nd category to link the construction site with the М25 highway and 32-km long railway to link the port with the existing railway station Vyshesteblievskaya). Besides, port station has been also designed.
Rusu noted that railway will carry 79 mln t per year, the rest will be carried by motor transport. Besides, there are provisions for handling river vessels with accumulation of shipload at shore depot for further shipment by sea going vessels.
The project also envisages the construction of the engineering infrastructure: energy/water/gas supply systems as well as communication.
Designing of the port checkpoint will commence in 2014.
According to the August order of RF President Vladimir Putin, the project on the construction of a dry cargo district in port Taman should be completed in 2020. Under the draft schedule, the port is to be put into operation in the second half of 2017.
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 16.09.2013 Russian seaports’ eight-month cargo volume rises 4.2% to 387.2 million tonnes