Russian seaports’ eight-month cargo volume rises 4.2% to 387.2 million tonnes
Shipments of cargo through the Russian seaports in January-August increased by 4.2% year-on-year to 387,200,000 tonnes.
The eight-month volume of dry bulk cargo was flat on last year’s figure at 166.5 million tonnes. The increase was driven mainly by coal and mineral fertilizer exports, 67,4 mln tonnes (+16.4%) and 8.3m tonnes (+14.2%), respectively. Container traffic increased by 3.6% to 29.3 mln tonnes. Shipments of ferrous metals totaled 15.0 mln tonnes (-16.0%), of grain – 8.6m tonnes (down 1.9 times), of ore – 4.9 mln tonnes (-0.9%), timber cargo – 3.0 mln tonnes (-29.2%).
Shipments of liquid bulk through the nation’s ports totaled 220.7 million tonnes, which represents a 7.4% gain from a year earlier, including 137.1 million tonnes of crude exports (+6.6%).
In the reporting period the Russian ports saw a 3.0-percent growth in exports compared to January-August 2012, to 302.9 million tonnes. Imports rose 6.6% to 31.3 million tonnes. Transshipment of transit cargo increased 6.8% to 31.4 mln tonnes, short sea traffic volume was up 14.1% year-on-year.
In the reporting period total cargo throughput at the ports of Azov-Black Sea basin was 113.2 million tonnes (-2.4%). Dry bulk cargo shipments declined by 13.6% to 38.9 million tonnes, due to grain exports decline. Liquid bulk traffic rose to 74.3 million tonnes (+4.6%). Handling of cargo at the Port of Novorossiysk totaled 75.3 mln tonnes, (-4.7%). Cargo traffic at the port of Tuapse shrank by 7.4% to 11.0 tonnes, at the port of Rostov-on-Don – 6.8 mln t (-4.8%), at the port of Kavkaz - 4.7 mln t (-16.4%). The port of Taman transshipped 5.4 mln tonnes of cargo.
Adapted from PortNews
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13