Port of Novorossiysk inaugurates new Ro-Ro terminal
A joint project of Delo Group and Rolf SCS, the terminal for Ro-Ro cargoes was commissioned in Russia’s southern port of Novorossiysk, the Delo Company said in a media release.
In 2013, a stevedoring division of the group DELOPORTS completed a project for expansion of the KSK grain terminal to 3.5 million tonnes. In August, after carrying out land surveying work, the KSK built on its free territory a new terminal for handling imported vehicles with a dedicated berth for receiving rolling cargo and a storage yard of capacity of 1,565 cars. The capacity of the new Ro-Ro facility is more than 50,000 autos a year.
In August 2013, the first Ro-Ro ferry with 399 vehicles on board was handled in a test mode.
In September, the new Ro-Ro facility was launched in compliance with the project’s schedule.
Today, September 9, 2013 the dedicated terminal handled the vehicles carrier UECC Autopremier that departed from the port of Derince, Turkey on September 6 with a cargo of 756 vehicles on board. In the future Ro-Ro vessels will call at the Novorossiysk terminal once a week.
"For DELOPORTS the launch of the terminal is an opportunity to gain more revenue from yards not engaged in the transshipment of grain. We are glad to have fruitful cooperation with our partners at Rolf SCS and we see a rapid implementation of the joint project", DELOPORTS General Director Timothy Telyatnik was quoted as saying.
DELO Group is a transport and logistics holding that provides a full range of services for transshipment and bunkering of ships in the port of Novorossiysk, for rail and multimodal container transportation, forwarding, customs clearance of exports / imports, crude oil and petroleum products delivery.
ROLF SCS is a Russian vehicles and spare parts logistics provider for automotive businesses.
Adapted from portnews
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13