Transneft says crude exports at Novorossiysk port to resume on September 5
Russian oil pipelines network operator Transneft has completed repair on the Samara-Lisichansk pipeline and is set to recommence as of September 5 crude oil supply for export through the port of Novorossiysk, RIA Novosti reported quoting Igor Demin, an adviser to President of Transneft.
"Repair works on the main pipeline have been completed. At 10.05 am (Moscow Time) they started to fill up the pipe. The tanks should be filled with volume sufficient for an oil tanker shipment. Taking into account all of these procedures, loading of the first tanker is expected to start in the afternoon of September 5", Igor Demin said in a statement September 4.
The pipeline operator had to cease crude oil supplies and oil exports via Novorossiysk due to an accident on September 1, when the pipeline near Volgograd was damaged at a depth of 1.5 m.
Moscow-based Transneft is the state-owned Russian company responsible for the national oil pipelines. Transneft owns the largest oil pipeline system in the world, with a total network length of nearly 50,000 km. The company transports about 93% of the oil extracted in Russia.
Adapted from portnews
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13