Throughput of Sea Commercial Port of Illichivsk (Ukraine) down 14% in July’13
In July 2013, Ukrainian state company Sea Commercial Port of Illichivsk handled 1,054,000 tonnes of cargo (-14%, year-on-year).
Transshipment of general cargo hit 363,000 tonnes, dry bulk cargo – 631,000 tonnes, liquid bulk cargo – 60,000 tonnes. Transshipment of ore increased by 5% to 339,000 tonnes, coal – by 35% to 127,000 tonnes. Throughput of ferry service increased by 30% to 70,000 tonnes.
SE Sea Commercial Port of Illichivsk is a multipurpose international port, one of the largest ports in the Black Sea. The company operates specialized terminals and complexes capable of handling a wide range of cargoes – liquid bulk cargo, dry bulk cargo, general cargo. The port’s 29 berths can accommodate vessels of up to 100,000 tonnes in deadweight. Designed annual capacity of SCPI exceeds 30 mln tonnes.
The port’s container capacity is 1.15 mln TEUs. From 2007 the port can simultaneously handle 3 ocean-going 300-m long container carriers of over 5,000 TEUs in capacity.
More on the topic
- 16.01.2014 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
- 17.12.2013 Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
- 01.11.2013 Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 16.10.2013 Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 24.09.2013 Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 19.08.2013 Ukraine launches information system of port community