Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
In January-August, 2013, Mariupol Sea Commercial Port handled 9.15 mln t (+1.2%, year-on-year), says press center of the stevedoring company.
In the accounting period, metal handling hit 4.5 mln t (+ 12.2%, year-on-year), coal and coke – over 1.8 mln t (- 10.7%), bulk clay – over 1.4 mln t (-8%), cast iron – 986,000 tonnes (+ 12.7%) containerized cargo – 95,000 (+ 16.9%).
Mariupol Sea Commercial Port is one of Ukraine’s four largest seaports. It is located at the crossroads of all transport ways. The port is capable of handling 17 mln t of cargo per year. It is open round the year for vessels with length of up to 240 meters and draught of up to 8 m. The 73.2-hectare port has 4.2-km long moorage wall.
Adapted from Portnews
More on the topic
- 16.01.2014 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
- 17.12.2013 Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
- 01.11.2013 Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 16.10.2013 Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 19.08.2013 Ukraine launches information system of port community
- 14.08.2013 Ukraine, China planning to jointly develop Sevastopol fishing port