Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
Transhipment of cargos through the Odessa Portside Plant (Yuzhny seaport water area), the final link pipeline transporting Russian ammonia, amounted to 3.3 million tons in January- September 2013 - a 32 % increase over the same period last year.
Rzd-partner portal informs about this.
"The nomenclature accounted for bulk liquid chemical cargoes (export, and transit from Russia). Transit volume for the reporting period amounted to 1.8 million tonnes, with an increase of 8%. Handling of chemical goods for exports grew the most - by 1.8 fold to 1.5 million tonnes," the report says.
Recall, the Odesa Portside Plant capacities for handling bulk chemical cargoes (carbamide) is 5 million tons, liquefied ammonia - 4.3 million tonnes. The state is the owner of 100% of the company.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 16.01.2014 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
- 17.12.2013 Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 16.10.2013 Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 24.09.2013 Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 19.08.2013 Ukraine launches information system of port community
- 14.08.2013 Ukraine, China planning to jointly develop Sevastopol fishing port