Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
On October 14, at the port of Illiichivsk was launched in test mode the new form of orders for clearance of imported goods in containers, which are exported from the port by road transport. Innovation is part of the Port Community Information System project named «Single Window — a local solution».
To date, the system connects experts from Customs Service, IT- services, commercial department and maritime security. The system will allow significantly speed up the process of cargo handling, attract more traffic and increase the competitiveness of the port.
«Port Community Information System is definitely a great initiative, which will improve the services of cargo clearance at the port and reduce the expenses of forwarding companies. Now the system runs in the test mode, but the Container Terminal Illichivsk welcomes modern solutions for optimization of technical processes and ready to implement such innovations»,— said the representative of one of the users of the System, the Deputy Director for Commerce of the terminal Andrew Pavlyutin.
Adapted from uspa.gov.ua
More on the topic
- 16.01.2014 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
- 17.12.2013 Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
- 01.11.2013 Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 24.09.2013 Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 19.08.2013 Ukraine launches information system of port community
- 14.08.2013 Ukraine, China planning to jointly develop Sevastopol fishing port