Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
In 2013, seaports of Ukraine handled 148 mln t of cargo (-2%, year-on-year), says press center of Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority.
State stevedores under the Ministry of Infrastructure handled 53 mln t (35.8% of total volumes).
Private stevedores through all berths handled 95 mln t (64.2% of total volumes) including 52 mln t handled by private stevedoring companies through the berths of USPA (35.1% of total volumes).
Transshipment of import cargo increased by 11.7% to 17.9 mln t, coastal trade cargo – by 22.4% to 2.8 mln t.
Transshipment of export cargo hit 99.9 mln t (+2.8%), transit cargo – 27.1 mln t (-23.1%).
Container throughput of seaports climbed by 8.5% to 786,716 TEUs.
Adapted from Portnews
More on the topic
- 17.12.2013 Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
- 01.11.2013 Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 16.10.2013 Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 24.09.2013 Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 19.08.2013 Ukraine launches information system of port community
- 14.08.2013 Ukraine, China planning to jointly develop Sevastopol fishing port