Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
Cargo throughput at the terminals of Ukraine’s state-owned Yuzhny Port has hit the mark of 14,200,275.2 tonnes, as of December 10 2013, the port operator said.
More than 70% of total throughput account for SCM Group's cargoes.
A 1m tonne decline in transit loads in the reporting period did not affect the cargo volume that kept unchanged thanks to coal and ore exports. The SCM Group remains a primary cargo owner and customer for Yuzhny port with 54% of total throughput.
Port Yuzhny is located on the northwest coast of the Black Sea, in the ice-free Small Adzhalyksk (Grygoryivsky) estuary, 30 km northeast of Odessa. The port is connected to the sea by a 3km-long, 14m-deep access channel. The port’s operator is state-owned Yuzhny Merchant Sea Port. In 2012, the company handled 22.72 million tonnes of different cargo.
Adapted from Portnews
More on the topic
- 16.01.2014 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
- 01.11.2013 Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 16.10.2013 Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 24.09.2013 Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 19.08.2013 Ukraine launches information system of port community
- 14.08.2013 Ukraine, China planning to jointly develop Sevastopol fishing port