Ukraine launches information system of port community
Ukraine has launched the information system of port community, press center of Administration of Ukrainian seaport refers to the Decree of Ukraine’ Cabinet of Ministers dated July 3, 2013.
The information system of port community covers seaports, carriers, marine agents, forwarders, customs, sanitary/veterinarian/quarantine services etc. Port contractors can exchange, check, execute and calculate any information and documents sufficient for cargo/vehicle procedures in electronic form.
The information system will be administered and coordinated by the state company Administration of Ukrainian Seaports. The document sets forth the system as a mechanism for obligatory use by all participants of the transport process.
The system will let minimize paper flow, reduce cargo procedure time and optimize the transportation process.
Adapted from Portnews
More on the topic
- 16.01.2014 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 2% to 148 mln t
- 17.12.2013 Yuzhny port's cargo volume hits 14.2m tonnes
- 01.11.2013 Odesa portside plant boosts freight turnover 1.3 fold
- 29.10.2013 Ports of Odessa region to implement investment projects for 70 billion UAH
- 16.10.2013 Port of Illichivsk testing Port Community Information System
- 03.10.2013 Nibulon to build a grain port in Kherson region
- 26.09.2013 Port of Sevastopol develops cruise tourism
- 24.09.2013 Throughput of Mariupol Sea Commercial Port up 1.2% to 9.15 mln t in Jan-Aug’13
- 19.09.2013 Yalta seaport faces modernization next year
- 05.09.2013 Yuzhny port cargo volume up 6.8% to 28.18 million tonnes in Jan-Aug, 2013
- 23.08.2013 Throughput of Ukrainian seaports down 6.8% to 81.99 mln t in Jan-July’13
- 14.08.2013 Ukraine, China planning to jointly develop Sevastopol fishing port