Chisinau, Tiraspol sign environmental protocol
A regular round of negotiations on the Transnistrian settlement in the 5+2 format, which was held July 16-17 in Vienna, ended with the signing between Chisinau and Tiraspol of the Protocol on the Plan of Joint Action in the Field of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources.
Special Representative of the OSCE-Chairperson-in-Office for Protracted Conflicts, Ambassador Andriy Deshchytsia, announced this at a final vide conference, a Chisinau-based Ukrinform reporter said.
"We would like to note with satisfaction that a protocol was signed in Vienna on a plan of joint action between Chisinau and Tiraspol in the field of environmental protection and natural resources, which is a confirmation of the possibility of reaching compromises between the political representatives of Moldova and Transnistria in the negotiations," he emphasized.
The diplomat said that in Vienna the sides considered a wide range of issues related to various aspects of the settlement, and there was an exchange of views on the conduct of the dialogue between Chisinau and Tiraspol in the period between the rounds of negotiations.
The next round of negotiations on the Transnistrian settlement in the 5+2 format (Moldova, Transnistria, Russia, Ukraine, the OSCE, the EU and the U.S.) will be held on October 3 this year in Brussels.
Adapted from ukrinform.ua
More on the topic
- 12.11.2013 Premier Leanca believes Transnistrian problem will be solved before Moldova is accepted to EU
- 29.10.2013 Moldovan PM, Transnistrian leader to meet in Germany
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan parliament rules to set migration checkpoints on left bank of Dniester
- 03.09.2013 Yevgeny Shevchuk willing to discuss free movement of citizens and transport issues with Iurie Leanca
- 02.09.2013 Brussels to host next round of five-plus-two talks in October 2013
- 19.07.2013 Moldova and Transnistria cooperate in organization of children’s summer leisure
- 16.07.2013 New round of 5+2 negotiations on Transnistrian conflict settlement starts in Vienna
- 11.07.2013 A facilitated frontier crossing regime will be introduced for Transnistrian citizens
- 10.07.2013 Ukrainian, Russian envoys on Transdniestrian settlement to visit Chisinau, Tiraspol
- 04.07.2013 OSCE Parliamentary Assembly adopts resolution on Transnistrian conflict settlement process
- 28.06.2013 Ukraine invites Transnistrian president and Moldovan Prime Minister for a meetingm
- 24.06.2013 Moldovan parliament’s statement on Transnistrian conflict settlement´s current situation