Brussels to host next round of five-plus-two talks in October 2013
The next round of five-plus-two negotiations will take place in Brussels in October 2013. The Chisinau and Tiraspol political representatives for the Transnistrian settlement, Eugen Carpov and Nina Shtanski, tackled this subject at a meeting in Chisinau.
Deputy Prime Minister for Reintegration Eugen Carpov said that the agenda of the next round of talks had not yet been set. It will be made on the basis of the proposals due to come from Chisinau and Tiraspol.
“We rely on the fact that, till 20 September, the experts groups will have at least six meetings, and will establish the subjects likely to be discussed in Brussels,” Shtanski said.
The two officials also broached a meeting between Prime Minister Iurie Leanca and Tiraspol leader Yevgeny Shevchuk. “This is a reciprocal agreement on the need to organise such a meeting in the near time. We will establish the concrete terms subsequently. We also discussed the topics that could be tackled by Leanca and Shevchuk. The meeting is likely to take place in a settlement from Ukraine,” Carpov said.
The political representatives for the Transnistrian settlement on behalf of Chisinau and Tiraspol, Eugen Carpov and Nina Shtanski, will have another meeting in the near future. The last round of five-plus-two negotiations was held in Vienna in mid-July 2013.
Adapted from MOLDPRES
More on the topic
- 12.11.2013 Premier Leanca believes Transnistrian problem will be solved before Moldova is accepted to EU
- 29.10.2013 Moldovan PM, Transnistrian leader to meet in Germany
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan parliament rules to set migration checkpoints on left bank of Dniester
- 03.09.2013 Yevgeny Shevchuk willing to discuss free movement of citizens and transport issues with Iurie Leanca
- 19.07.2013 Moldova and Transnistria cooperate in organization of children’s summer leisure
- 18.07.2013 Chisinau, Tiraspol sign environmental protocol
- 16.07.2013 New round of 5+2 negotiations on Transnistrian conflict settlement starts in Vienna
- 11.07.2013 A facilitated frontier crossing regime will be introduced for Transnistrian citizens
- 10.07.2013 Ukrainian, Russian envoys on Transdniestrian settlement to visit Chisinau, Tiraspol
- 04.07.2013 OSCE Parliamentary Assembly adopts resolution on Transnistrian conflict settlement process
- 28.06.2013 Ukraine invites Transnistrian president and Moldovan Prime Minister for a meetingm
- 24.06.2013 Moldovan parliament’s statement on Transnistrian conflict settlement´s current situation