New round of 5+2 negotiations on Transnistrian conflict settlement starts in Vienna
A new round of consultations in the format of the continuous dialogue on political issues within the frameworks of the negotiating process in the 5+2 negotiating format, starts today in Vienna.
According to the OSCE Mission to Moldova, the two-day meeting will bring together representatives of the sides, mediators and observers in the negotiations – Moldova, Transnistria, the OSCE, the Russian Federation, Ukraine, the US and the EU. The talks will be chaired by Ambassador Andrii Deshchytsia, the Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office for conflicts.
On Wednesday, July 17, a concluding press briefing with Ambassador Deshchytsia, the Head of the OSCE Mission to Moldova Ambassador Jennifer Brush, and the Moldovan and Transnistrian Chief Negotiators, Eugen Carpov and Nina Shtansky, will be held via video link with journalists in Chisinau at approximately 13:30 CEST (Vienna time), 14:30 EEST (Chisinau time). Media from both banks of the Dniester River are invited at the OSCE Mission to Moldova, at 108 Mitropolit Dosoftei Street, Chisinau, to watch the live video link and ask questions.
According to the Transnistrian side, the main emphasis should be placed on socio-economic questions – first of all the freedom of movement in a substantially broad context. Other issues that will be discussed at the meeting are the cooperation in the environmental sector, as well as the problems faced by Transnistrian economic agents that are carrying out external trade activities.
Adapted from Infotag
More on the topic
- 12.11.2013 Premier Leanca believes Transnistrian problem will be solved before Moldova is accepted to EU
- 29.10.2013 Moldovan PM, Transnistrian leader to meet in Germany
- 14.10.2013 Moldovan parliament rules to set migration checkpoints on left bank of Dniester
- 03.09.2013 Yevgeny Shevchuk willing to discuss free movement of citizens and transport issues with Iurie Leanca
- 02.09.2013 Brussels to host next round of five-plus-two talks in October 2013
- 19.07.2013 Moldova and Transnistria cooperate in organization of children’s summer leisure
- 18.07.2013 Chisinau, Tiraspol sign environmental protocol
- 11.07.2013 A facilitated frontier crossing regime will be introduced for Transnistrian citizens
- 10.07.2013 Ukrainian, Russian envoys on Transdniestrian settlement to visit Chisinau, Tiraspol
- 04.07.2013 OSCE Parliamentary Assembly adopts resolution on Transnistrian conflict settlement process
- 28.06.2013 Ukraine invites Transnistrian president and Moldovan Prime Minister for a meetingm
- 24.06.2013 Moldovan parliament’s statement on Transnistrian conflict settlement´s current situation