Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov to invest EUR 4 mln this year in wine tourism facilities / PHOTOS
The Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov plans to invest a total of some EUR 4 million by the end of this year in wine tourism facilities, according to the company.
The wine maker has already opened Dionis Hotel at its vineyards in Dobrogea, with a capacity of eight rooms, while a villa complex is to be completed in the following three months. For the two units, Domeniile Ostrov spent about a quarter of the total proposed investment.
Throughout this year, the Romanian wine maker will also start the construction of a 15-room guesthouse, an equestrian leisure complex with a capacity of 15 rooms and a restaurant. “Given that we are in the middle of over 1,300 hectares of vineyards, this wine tourism project also includes an oenological center for business and cross-border cooperation, with research facilities in the wine sector,” said Oana Belu, shareholder of Domeniile Ostrov.
The Ostrov vineyard is located in the southwestern part of Dobrogea, on the right bank of the Danube. Ostrov produces red Cabernet Sauvignon wines but also white wines such as Italian Riesling, Feteasca Alba and Sauvignon Blanc.
More on the topic
- 01.11.2013 Romanian tourism to be promoted at Tom Jones concert and at international and local rallies on EUR 1.5 mln budget
- 16.09.2013 Romania’s mountain resort Sinaia revamped with EUR 20 million
- 03.09.2013 As many as 25,000 tourists visit Rupea Fortress since its June re-opening / Photos
- 29.08.2013 Jan - July Danube Delta visitor numbers at least 10 pct higher from last year
- 23.07.2013 Daring Romanian overcomes his fears in 7-month kayak trip from Giurgiu to Venice / Photo
- 13.12.2012 As low temperatures settle in, work kicks off on Romania’s famous Ice Hotel
- 21.11.2012 Romania presented a cultural and educational tourism program
- 19.11.2012 German tour operator will promote tourism in the Danube Delta
- 15.11.2012 Romania’s cultural heritage goes online via virtual tours website
- 02.11.2012 Over 6.6 million foreign tourists come to Romania, in first nine months
- 31.10.2012 Medical tourism share in Romania doubled over the last 3 years
- 23.10.2012 “Romanian Railways” State Enterprise launched charter train ordering function