Romania’s mountain resort Sinaia revamped with EUR 20 million
Sinaia mountain resort, located in Romania’s Prahova Valley, is being revamped to the tune of EUR 20 million, with the EU-funded work to last until the end of 2014.
In this period, the streets in the town’s center will be upgraded, the sidewalks replaced, roundabouts and parking places created, while all utility cables will be moved underground.
Moreover, video cameras will be installed in the most important areas of the city, such as near schools, kindergartens, hospitals and the central park.
The City Hall also plans to replace some of the electricity poles on the streets and install some telephone booths.
«Several water fountains will be created, we’ll have more pedestrian space to the detriment of cars, but this is beneficial to the mountain resort», – said Mayor of Sinaia Vlad Oprea, quoted by Digi24.ro.
Sinaia is located in Prahova County, 120 km away from Bucharest. The city is a popular destination for hiking and winter sports.
Some of the most important tourist landmarks in the city are Peles Castle, Pelisor Castle, Sinaia Monastery, and Sinaia Casino.
Adapted from Romania-Insider
More on the topic
- 01.11.2013 Romanian tourism to be promoted at Tom Jones concert and at international and local rallies on EUR 1.5 mln budget
- 03.09.2013 As many as 25,000 tourists visit Rupea Fortress since its June re-opening / Photos
- 29.08.2013 Jan - July Danube Delta visitor numbers at least 10 pct higher from last year
- 23.07.2013 Daring Romanian overcomes his fears in 7-month kayak trip from Giurgiu to Venice / Photo
- 18.06.2013 Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov to invest EUR 4 mln this year in wine tourism facilities / PHOTOS
- 13.12.2012 As low temperatures settle in, work kicks off on Romania’s famous Ice Hotel
- 21.11.2012 Romania presented a cultural and educational tourism program
- 19.11.2012 German tour operator will promote tourism in the Danube Delta
- 15.11.2012 Romania’s cultural heritage goes online via virtual tours website
- 02.11.2012 Over 6.6 million foreign tourists come to Romania, in first nine months
- 31.10.2012 Medical tourism share in Romania doubled over the last 3 years
- 23.10.2012 “Romanian Railways” State Enterprise launched charter train ordering function