Romanian tourism to be promoted at Tom Jones concert and at international and local rallies on EUR 1.5 mln budget
Romania’s Tourism National Authority has awarded EUR 1.5 million of contracts to promote the country’s image at various events, including the upcoming Tom Jones concert, festivals and rallies.
The Contracts were awarded via negotiation, and the amount does not include VAT.
The biggest of the contracts was the EUR 0.5 million contract with the association Club Sportiv District Racing Team, to promote Romania’s tourism via the rally driver Mihai Marinescu at the World Series by Renault 2013 world championship.
Two more rallies will help spread the world about Romania’s tourism, this time locally – the Sibiu rally and the Delta rally. The promotion contracts are worth EUR 216,000 and EUR 38,000, respectively.
Romania’s tourism will also be promoted during the Tom Jones festival on November 1, based on a EUR 140,000 contract with D&D Event Entertainment, which organizes the concert.
The country’s tourism brand benefited from promotion at other concerts this year: at the Shanghai Spring International Music Festival where the National Radio Orchestra performed – a EUR 28,000 contract, and at Bestfest in Bucharest in July, a contract of some EUR 100,000 with the organizers Emagic.
Adapted from Romania-Insider
More on the topic
- 16.09.2013 Romania’s mountain resort Sinaia revamped with EUR 20 million
- 03.09.2013 As many as 25,000 tourists visit Rupea Fortress since its June re-opening / Photos
- 29.08.2013 Jan - July Danube Delta visitor numbers at least 10 pct higher from last year
- 23.07.2013 Daring Romanian overcomes his fears in 7-month kayak trip from Giurgiu to Venice / Photo
- 18.06.2013 Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov to invest EUR 4 mln this year in wine tourism facilities / PHOTOS
- 13.12.2012 As low temperatures settle in, work kicks off on Romania’s famous Ice Hotel
- 21.11.2012 Romania presented a cultural and educational tourism program
- 19.11.2012 German tour operator will promote tourism in the Danube Delta
- 15.11.2012 Romania’s cultural heritage goes online via virtual tours website
- 02.11.2012 Over 6.6 million foreign tourists come to Romania, in first nine months
- 31.10.2012 Medical tourism share in Romania doubled over the last 3 years
- 23.10.2012 “Romanian Railways” State Enterprise launched charter train ordering function