Medical tourism share in Romania doubled over the last 3 years
Approximately 70 thousand foreigners have visited Romania in the first 5 months of 2012 for medical treatment and health improvement purposes, reaching the level of 3% from the total number of foreign tourists.
According to the official data, 2.5 million foreign tourists have visited Romania in January – May 2012, which is 12.5% more than in the same period of 2011.
These foreign tourists have spent almost 250 million EURO in the country, which is approximately 3500 EURO per person. The major demand falls on health improvement procedures at Spa-centers.
Other trends, popular among the guest of the country, include dentistry, aesthetic medicine, and organism rejuvenation, where the quality catches up the Western European level, while the prices are still lower considerably.
English translation by BSN
Adapted from VOTPUSK.RU
More on the topic
- 01.11.2013 Romanian tourism to be promoted at Tom Jones concert and at international and local rallies on EUR 1.5 mln budget
- 16.09.2013 Romania’s mountain resort Sinaia revamped with EUR 20 million
- 03.09.2013 As many as 25,000 tourists visit Rupea Fortress since its June re-opening / Photos
- 29.08.2013 Jan - July Danube Delta visitor numbers at least 10 pct higher from last year
- 23.07.2013 Daring Romanian overcomes his fears in 7-month kayak trip from Giurgiu to Venice / Photo
- 18.06.2013 Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov to invest EUR 4 mln this year in wine tourism facilities / PHOTOS
- 13.12.2012 As low temperatures settle in, work kicks off on Romania’s famous Ice Hotel
- 21.11.2012 Romania presented a cultural and educational tourism program
- 19.11.2012 German tour operator will promote tourism in the Danube Delta
- 15.11.2012 Romania’s cultural heritage goes online via virtual tours website
- 02.11.2012 Over 6.6 million foreign tourists come to Romania, in first nine months
- 23.10.2012 “Romanian Railways” State Enterprise launched charter train ordering function