Over 6.6 million foreign tourists come to Romania, in first nine months
The number of foreign visitors in Romania, registered at the border, were 6.26 million in the first nine months of this year, growing by 5.8 percent compared with the same period last year, according to preliminary data released on November 2 by the National Institute of Statistics (INS).
Most foreign visitors came from countries located in Europe (94 percent) and the EU countries have registered 57.7 percent of total foreign visitors in Romania. From the EU member states, most arrivals were registered from Hungary (32.3 percent), Bulgaria (19.7 percent), Germany (9.5 percent), Italy (7.2 percent) and Poland (7.1 percent) .
As concerns the arrivals in the establishments of tourists' reception in the first nine months of 2012, they amounted to over 6 million, rising 10.4 percent compared with the similar period of 2011.
Arrivals of Romanian tourists in the establishments of tourists' reception with accommodation functions in the period January 1 - September 30, 2012, stood at approximately 78.5 percent of the total arrivals, while the foreign tourists represented 21.5 percent of the total number of arrivals, rates close to those registered in the period January 1 - September 30, 2011.
According to INS, the departures of Romanian visitors abroad, registered at the border points, in the first nine months stood at 8.727 million, growing 1.7 percent compared with the period January 1 - September 30, 2011. The road transport means were mostly used by Romanian visitors abroad, representing 75.7 percent of the total number of departures.
Adapted from Agerpres
More on the topic
- 01.11.2013 Romanian tourism to be promoted at Tom Jones concert and at international and local rallies on EUR 1.5 mln budget
- 16.09.2013 Romania’s mountain resort Sinaia revamped with EUR 20 million
- 03.09.2013 As many as 25,000 tourists visit Rupea Fortress since its June re-opening / Photos
- 29.08.2013 Jan - July Danube Delta visitor numbers at least 10 pct higher from last year
- 23.07.2013 Daring Romanian overcomes his fears in 7-month kayak trip from Giurgiu to Venice / Photo
- 18.06.2013 Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov to invest EUR 4 mln this year in wine tourism facilities / PHOTOS
- 13.12.2012 As low temperatures settle in, work kicks off on Romania’s famous Ice Hotel
- 21.11.2012 Romania presented a cultural and educational tourism program
- 19.11.2012 German tour operator will promote tourism in the Danube Delta
- 15.11.2012 Romania’s cultural heritage goes online via virtual tours website
- 31.10.2012 Medical tourism share in Romania doubled over the last 3 years
- 23.10.2012 “Romanian Railways” State Enterprise launched charter train ordering function