“Romanian Railways” State Enterprise launched charter train ordering function
According to the announcement, any physical persons or legal entity can book a separate train for a personal trip to any location in Romania.
The Company provides an opportunity for the customer to choose independently a carriage type, a train, an opportunity to aatach a restaurant car , etc.
The Company has taken such a step in the framework of its policy to overcome the crisis.
In January – October 2012, when this feature has been functioning in a pilot mode, «Romanian Railways» has conducted 16 charters, including 11 orders for tourism purposes and 5 contracts for filming. The State Enterprise has earned 200 thousand EURO from such activities.
English Translation by BSN
Adapted from Moldpress
More on the topic
- 01.11.2013 Romanian tourism to be promoted at Tom Jones concert and at international and local rallies on EUR 1.5 mln budget
- 16.09.2013 Romania’s mountain resort Sinaia revamped with EUR 20 million
- 03.09.2013 As many as 25,000 tourists visit Rupea Fortress since its June re-opening / Photos
- 29.08.2013 Jan - July Danube Delta visitor numbers at least 10 pct higher from last year
- 23.07.2013 Daring Romanian overcomes his fears in 7-month kayak trip from Giurgiu to Venice / Photo
- 18.06.2013 Romanian wine maker Domeniile Ostrov to invest EUR 4 mln this year in wine tourism facilities / PHOTOS
- 13.12.2012 As low temperatures settle in, work kicks off on Romania’s famous Ice Hotel
- 21.11.2012 Romania presented a cultural and educational tourism program
- 19.11.2012 German tour operator will promote tourism in the Danube Delta
- 15.11.2012 Romania’s cultural heritage goes online via virtual tours website
- 02.11.2012 Over 6.6 million foreign tourists come to Romania, in first nine months
- 31.10.2012 Medical tourism share in Romania doubled over the last 3 years