Crimean tour operators believe the current season is successful
Crimean tour operators believe the current resort season is successful.
President of «Kandahar» Group of Companies Boris Zelinsky has informed that in the first 3 months of 2013 a stable rise in the Crimean tour products’ sales could be observed, but in April the growth was a little bit slower. «This year we have had quite long May holidays, so the number of tourists in this period has been quite considerable. The growth in the number of tourists, served during the May holidays by «Kandahar» Company, has been 100%», – Boris Zelinsky.
Natalia Afonyushkina, Manager of «Blue Lagoon» Agency (dealing with improvement of the children's health), says that since the beginning of the year the number of tourists, served by her agency, has grown by 20%; however, slight recession in the retail sales can be observed.
The growth of sales by 80% from January till March 2013 is also noted by Manager of «Laspi» Travel Agency Elena Bazhenova. She also believes the highest rise has taken place at the Russian market. The Ukrainian market shows a little slower growth.
All experts have noted that people use Internet more and more often when planning and organizing their rest and recreation.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol