Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
The Crimean Resorts and Tourism Ministry has predicted an increase in the number of tourists in September and October this year.
Crimean Resorts and Tourism Minister Oleksandr Liyev said this live on the Argument Show program on Radio Era FM, Ukrinform reported.
"Crimea traditionally receives the largest number of tourists in August. This month was a peak month last year, and it will remain a peak month this year. But the increasing number of tourists, compared to last year, will be observed in September and October, when the demand for Crimean holiday resorts will grow," Liyev said.
He said that the Resorts and Tourism Ministry was conducting active work aimed at expanding the scope of the tourist season and the main focus is placed on autumn months - so-called "velvet season."
As reported, Crimea has already received more than two million tourists since the beginning of the year. Over six million tourists visited the peninsula last year.
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol
- 18.06.2013 Crimean war battle reconstruction to take place near Balaklava