Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
The number of tourists, who want to spend the off-peak season in Crimea grew by 15 percent.
A Ukrinform correspondent reports about this referring to the press service of the Resorts and Tourism Ministry of the Crimean Autonomous Republic.
“In July, a slight fall of the tourist flow was observed to actually minus 5% against the previous year. In August, the tourist flow reached the previous year level, but the main growth up to 15% is forecasted in September-October, the indexes of previously reserved accommodations prove this,” Crimean Resorts and Tourism Minister Oleksandr Liev commented this way on the situation.
Primarily, this growth is related to great efforts in promotion of the off-peak season in Crimea as the time of sound rest and interesting events. In addition, prices for tourist services over this period reduce by 20-40 percent, the Minister stressed.
“September is the fourth month of summer. In Crimea, this period by its indexes is actually identical to the beginning of July, the best period for health improvement and rest,” Liev noted.
According to Resorts and Tourism Ministry of Crimea, the largest number of accommodations, reserved by holidayers in September-October, is on the Southern coast and in Eastern Crimea.
As the ministry sources explained, Great Yalta and Alushta become attractive for mass tourism due to the fall of prices, whereas Eastern Crimea - thanks to varied events calendar.
As reported by Ukrinform, as of August 13, 2013, Crimea received 4 million tourists, which corresponds to the same period of the previous year.
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol
- 18.06.2013 Crimean war battle reconstruction to take place near Balaklava