British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol
His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent will visit Sevastopol on July 5 - 9.
The visit will be conducted in the framework of his official visit to Ukraine with the delegation of the British Aero Club “Air Squadron”.
Among the major events of the program there will be a military and historic reconstruction of the battle in the Crimean War of 1853-1856, including the attack of the British light cavalry and the flight of the “Air Squadron” Club aircrafts over the battle field. 12 aircrafts out of 27, delivered to Ukraine, were manufactured in the pre-war period.
The battle reconstruction will take place at Fedyukhin Heights on July 6.
This is the first time that such a large-scale reconstruction of a Crimean War battle with the ground and air show of historic aircrafts will take place in Sevastopol.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 18.06.2013 Crimean war battle reconstruction to take place near Balaklava