Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
The number of tourists visiting Crimea since the year start reached 3.4 million, which is 1.1% up against the previous year thanks to growth in winter and spring.
Deputy Chairman of the Crimean Cabinet of Ministers Heorhiy Psariov has said about this, the Crimean Resorts and Tourism press service reports.
“As of August 1, 2013, 3.4 million tourists visited Crimean, which is 1.1% up against the same period of 2012,” Psariov noted.
According to him, over the winter period, by 20% more tourists came to Crimea against the previous year, in spring - by 18%. Crimea attracted by 30% more tourists during the May holidays, however, over summer months, the tourist flow reduced to the peninsula by 4.5%. At the same time, largest growth of tourists was observed in Bakhchisaray district - by 26%. A fall was fixed in Simferopol district - by 16%, in Feodosia - by 15%, and in Yevpatoria and Sudak - by 10%.
The Council of Ministers notes the fall in the number of Ukrainian tourists in Crimea.
“We see a fall in the number of Ukrainian tourists. They as usual prevail in the structure of the flow, making up 70% of total number of tourists, but there is growth from other directions,” Crimean Resort and Tourism Minister Oleksandr Liev notes.
In particular, according to him, by 18% more Russians started to spend their rest in Crimea, by 32% more residents of Belarus and by 3% - of Latvian residents, which is related to the opening of tourist offices in those countries.
Growth of the tourist flow from Turkey is fixed at 37%, this is explained by abolishment of visas and improvement of the marketing policy. The same growth is noted from Azerbaijan that was promoted by resumption of the air route Baku-Simferopol.
Adapted from ukrinform
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol
- 18.06.2013 Crimean war battle reconstruction to take place near Balaklava