1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
1.77 million persons have recreated in the Crimea as on July 1, exceeding the result of the similar period in 2012 by 4.1%.
Minister of Resorts and Tourism Alexander Liyev has informed that the early start of the recreation season in the region can be noted in 2013.
According to him, we can also note the rise in the number of vacationers in summer, despite the fact the Ministry does not undertakes the task of advertising the summer season. “The main task of the resort agency is to expand the range of the summer season and to restore the status of the Crimea as the health resort. We have virtually not advertised the summer, and the 4% rise in the number of tourists has not been our direct objective”, – A. Liyev has clarified.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol
- 18.06.2013 Crimean war battle reconstruction to take place near Balaklava