More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
As on July 24, more than 3.1 million people have already recreated in the Crimea, exceeding the similar period of 2012 by 2.2%.
According to the Crimean Ministry of Resorts and Tourism, by now 10% from the total number of tourists have arrived by air transport. The air transport flow amounts to 308 thousand people, exceeding the similar period of 2012 by 11.3%.
According to the First Deputy Minister of Resorts and Tourism of the Crimea Nikolay Martynov, the number of Crimean tourists grows every year. In 2012, comparing with 2011, the peninsula hosted 16.5% more tourists during the May holidays and 13.1% more tourists in September and October. At that, the growth of the tourist flow during the high season period was quite insignificant.
He has also informed that the number of vacationers, coming to the Crimea by airplanes, grows from year to year. “Every year the air transport flow grows by 15% at the minimum. At that, the share of railway transportation of passengers goes down: three years ago we had 70%, now – 66%”.
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol
- 18.06.2013 Crimean war battle reconstruction to take place near Balaklava