The largest “new philosophy” dry cargo port in Russia to be built at Taman
Russian Deputy Minister of Transport Viktor Olerskiy and Kuban Governor Alexander Tkachyov have discussed the project of construction of the Russian largest deep-sea dry cargo port, which will be built at Taman.
There are plans to locate container, grain, and coal terminals at Taman peninsula, as well as transshipment facilities for metal and other cargoes.
The Krasnodar Krai has already carried out a number of projects to attract investors and is currently helping them to resolve infrastructural issues.
«Undoubtedly, this project is of the utmost political, social, and economic importance for the economy of the Krai and the country in general. Therefore, on our side we will do our best to implement it», – Alexander Tkachyov has underlined.
Viktor Olerskiy has stated that the Krai is capable of construction, within the record-breaking short period, of the Russian largest dry cargo port with the annual freight turnover of approximately 100 million tons. «At that, this is going to be a new philosophy port – a deep-sea one. It will provide our shippers with the possibility for conquering of new markets. And it will make our economy more competitive», – he has emphasized.
The project of construction of the new Taman port was sent for environmental impact assessment in May 2012.
It has been earlier informed that Taman port construction will need 150 billion rubles of investments, and foreign investors will be involved into this project.
English translation by BSN
Adapted from Live Kuban
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13