Ukrainian Cabinet to consider Association Agreement with the EU on 18 September
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine will consider the text of the Association Agreement with the EU at its meeting on September 18.
This was announced by Prime Minister of Ukraine Mykola Azarov at a meeting with co-heads of the Monitoring Mission of the EU Aleksander Kwasniewski and Pat Cox Tuesday.
"At the Government meeting on 18 September, we will address the text of the Association Agreement with the European Union, and then we will begin interior procedures needed for the signing," Mykola Azarov noted. He stressed that the text of the agreement was published in open sources; opinion of public, experts, representatives of various political forces was taken into account. PM added that the Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine John Tombinski also will be invited on this meeting.
The Prime Minister has expressed hope that the visit of European Parliament's mission will be successful too and in particular it will contribute the work, which is carried out by Ukraine in order to ink the Association Agreement.
Mykola Azarov also said that the Government and the Parliament had agreed schedule of examination and approval of all laws needed for European integration that day.
In turn, Aleksander Kwasniewski said that the signing of the Association Agreement and the FTA would be beneficial to both Ukraine and the EU. "I am absolutely convinced that the Association Agreement and the FTA will help both you and us, and we will have a good basis for the development of good neighborly relations with Russia," he said.
Adapted from kmu.gov.ua
More on the topic
- 09.01.2014 Azarov orders Boiko to analyze outcome from creating FTA with EU
- 25.12.2013 Ukraine now in better conditions than before Vilnius summit – Kozhara
- 04.12.2013 CoE secretary general goes to Kyiv to find a way out of crisis
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine, EU initial Air Services Agreement
- 28.11.2013 Breakdown of Ukraine-EU association could benefit China – Forbes
- 27.11.2013 Azarov: President to discuss Ukraine-Russia-EU consultations in Vilnius
- 26.11.2013 Yanukovych plans to attend summit in Vilnius
- 22.11.2013 Ukrainian government suspends preparations for signature of association deal with EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia pushes EU to signing Association Agreement with Ukraine - Chaly
- 27.09.2013 Azarov proposes trilateral talks between EU, Ukraine and Customs Union on Association Agreement
- 18.09.2013 PM Azarov: Association Agreement provides for its periodic revision
- 29.08.2013 Ukrainian Prime Minister: Our partners must reckon with free trade area between Ukraine and EU as reality