Yanukovych plans to attend summit in Vilnius
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych is planning to attend the Eastern Partnership summit in Vilnius this week.
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Leonid Kozhara told this to reporters in Kyiv on Monday, a Ukrinform correspondent reported.
"The Ukrainian president is planning to attend the Eastern Partnership summit in Vilnius," he said.
He also said that Ukraine is not rejecting the signature of an association agreement with the EU. "We're talking about suspension of the process of signature and that as of today, November 25, both sides, Ukraine and the European Union, are not ready for this pact," Kozhara said.
The foreign minister also said that he was not present at a government meeting, when the decision was made to suspend the process of preparations for the signing of the association agreement with the EU.
"The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry supported the government's decision. I didn't attend the meetings, but Ruslan Demchenko fulfilled the minister's duties at that time," Kozhara said.
More on the topic
- 09.01.2014 Azarov orders Boiko to analyze outcome from creating FTA with EU
- 25.12.2013 Ukraine now in better conditions than before Vilnius summit – Kozhara
- 04.12.2013 CoE secretary general goes to Kyiv to find a way out of crisis
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine, EU initial Air Services Agreement
- 28.11.2013 Breakdown of Ukraine-EU association could benefit China – Forbes
- 27.11.2013 Azarov: President to discuss Ukraine-Russia-EU consultations in Vilnius
- 22.11.2013 Ukrainian government suspends preparations for signature of association deal with EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia pushes EU to signing Association Agreement with Ukraine - Chaly
- 27.09.2013 Azarov proposes trilateral talks between EU, Ukraine and Customs Union on Association Agreement
- 18.09.2013 PM Azarov: Association Agreement provides for its periodic revision
- 05.09.2013 Ukrainian Cabinet to consider Association Agreement with the EU on 18 September
- 29.08.2013 Ukrainian Prime Minister: Our partners must reckon with free trade area between Ukraine and EU as reality