Azarov orders Boiko to analyze outcome from creating FTA with EU
Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has instructed Deputy Prime Minister Yuriy Boiko to analyze the implications of a free trade area (FTA) with the European Union.
The head of government gave such an order at a Cabinet meeting on Thursday.
"We have to start practical negotiations about the conditions of signing the association and free trade area agreement with the European Union. I instructed to make under the leadership of Deputy Prime Minister Boiko an in-depth sectoral analysis of the implications of creating a free trade area for the domestic economy. We do not need assumptions with our partners. We must speak the language of facts, figures, compelling arguments. Because it is about the very existence of Ukraine as a developed industrial state, which is developing its own modern economy, not the economy of other countries. We cannot omit any risk," Azarov said.
He also expressed his belief that understanding will be found with the European partners.
The premier put personal responsibility for the development of a package of conditions for the implementation of the association and FTA agreement with the EU on Minister of Economic Development and Trade Ihor Prasolov, Industrial Policy Minister Mykhailo Korolenko, Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food Mykola Prysiazhniuk, Energy Minister Eduard Stavytsky, Minister of Regional Development, Construction and Housing Hennadiy Temnyk and Minister of Infrastructure Volodymyr Kozak.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 25.12.2013 Ukraine now in better conditions than before Vilnius summit – Kozhara
- 04.12.2013 CoE secretary general goes to Kyiv to find a way out of crisis
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine, EU initial Air Services Agreement
- 28.11.2013 Breakdown of Ukraine-EU association could benefit China – Forbes
- 27.11.2013 Azarov: President to discuss Ukraine-Russia-EU consultations in Vilnius
- 26.11.2013 Yanukovych plans to attend summit in Vilnius
- 22.11.2013 Ukrainian government suspends preparations for signature of association deal with EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia pushes EU to signing Association Agreement with Ukraine - Chaly
- 27.09.2013 Azarov proposes trilateral talks between EU, Ukraine and Customs Union on Association Agreement
- 18.09.2013 PM Azarov: Association Agreement provides for its periodic revision
- 05.09.2013 Ukrainian Cabinet to consider Association Agreement with the EU on 18 September
- 29.08.2013 Ukrainian Prime Minister: Our partners must reckon with free trade area between Ukraine and EU as reality