PM Azarov: Association Agreement provides for its periodic revision
The Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union provides for the possibility of its periodic review, Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said this on Wednesday at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers.
"It is also important that the Association Agreement is not a dogma. It provides for the possibility of its periodic revision. This is an equitable international agreement at the highest level, a political dialogue and a dialogue in other areas will take place at the highest level, where Ukraine is represented by the President, and the EU by the President of the European Council and the European Commission," the head of government noted.
He added that in order to monitor the implementation of the Agreement and its revision an Association Council will be set up. In addition, the implementation of the Agreement will involve public organizations and citizens.
At the same time, Azarov recalled that the Association Agreement contains no provisions which would hinder plans for the expansion of cooperation between Ukraine and the Customs Union, CIS countries and other partners outside the European Union.
The prime minister noted that on Tuesday he agreed a schedule of consideration by the government of Customs Union treaties, which Ukraine could join, and instructed the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade to coordinate the work of the domestic economy amid a free trade area with the EU and in conditions that operate in the Customs Union.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 09.01.2014 Azarov orders Boiko to analyze outcome from creating FTA with EU
- 25.12.2013 Ukraine now in better conditions than before Vilnius summit – Kozhara
- 04.12.2013 CoE secretary general goes to Kyiv to find a way out of crisis
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine, EU initial Air Services Agreement
- 28.11.2013 Breakdown of Ukraine-EU association could benefit China – Forbes
- 27.11.2013 Azarov: President to discuss Ukraine-Russia-EU consultations in Vilnius
- 26.11.2013 Yanukovych plans to attend summit in Vilnius
- 22.11.2013 Ukrainian government suspends preparations for signature of association deal with EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia pushes EU to signing Association Agreement with Ukraine - Chaly
- 27.09.2013 Azarov proposes trilateral talks between EU, Ukraine and Customs Union on Association Agreement
- 05.09.2013 Ukrainian Cabinet to consider Association Agreement with the EU on 18 September
- 29.08.2013 Ukrainian Prime Minister: Our partners must reckon with free trade area between Ukraine and EU as reality