European parliament to hold extraordinary meeting to discuss Russia's trade threats for Ukraine
The European Parliament's Committee on Foreign Affairs will hold a debate on Wednesday, August 28 on the EU response to Russia's trade threats for Ukraine, the European Parliament's press office told a Brussels-based Ukrinform reporter.
“The European Parliament will discuss the political implications of Russia's trade threats against Ukraine, in the light of the forthcoming Summit in Vilnius [EU and Eastern Partnership Summit, on November 29 - ed],” the report reads.
The meeting will be also attended by Ukrainian opposition politicians Vitaliy Klitschko and Arseniy Yatseniuk.
After the debate, at about 13.00 Kyiv time, the Chairman of the European Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee, Elmar Brok MEP, will hold a press briefing.
More on the topic
- 09.01.2014 Azarov orders Boiko to analyze outcome from creating FTA with EU
- 25.12.2013 Ukraine now in better conditions than before Vilnius summit – Kozhara
- 04.12.2013 CoE secretary general goes to Kyiv to find a way out of crisis
- 29.11.2013 Ukraine, EU initial Air Services Agreement
- 28.11.2013 Breakdown of Ukraine-EU association could benefit China – Forbes
- 27.11.2013 Azarov: President to discuss Ukraine-Russia-EU consultations in Vilnius
- 26.11.2013 Yanukovych plans to attend summit in Vilnius
- 22.11.2013 Ukrainian government suspends preparations for signature of association deal with EU
- 02.10.2013 Russia pushes EU to signing Association Agreement with Ukraine - Chaly
- 27.09.2013 Azarov proposes trilateral talks between EU, Ukraine and Customs Union on Association Agreement
- 18.09.2013 PM Azarov: Association Agreement provides for its periodic revision
- 05.09.2013 Ukrainian Cabinet to consider Association Agreement with the EU on 18 September