Dutch company dredges the seabed at Sochi port
For the next three months the Dutch “Boskalis” Company will dredge the port water floor to ensure the passage of vessels to the terminals under construction.
To ensure the designed depths, it has to lift 600 cubic meters of soil from the 14-hectare water bottom. The works on the excavation of 300 cubic meters of soil have already completed during the first phase of the reconstruction, including the formation of a new territory with the total area of 6.5 hectares and shore protection works along the entire perimeter of the site.
According to the schedule, the dredging will last for 13 weeks.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 15.01.2014 Throughput of Russian seaports up 3.9% to 589 mln t in 2013
- 17.12.2013 Tuapse Export Terminal's property put up for auction again
- 26.11.2013 RF government decree approves changing of Taman port boundaries
- 25.11.2013 Throughput of Tamanneftegaz terminal to double by 2015
- 13.11.2013 BOD of NCSP adjusted the company’s development concept till 2018
- 08.11.2013 NCSP posts RUB 1.75 bln of net loss in Jan-Oct’13
- 25.10.2013 Throughput of Taganrog Commercial Seaport down 15% to 994,000 t in Jan-Sep’13
- 17.10.2013 NCSP Group turnover in 9 months of 2013 amounted to 106.5 mln tonnes
- 04.10.2013 Customs office opens in port Taman
- 26.09.2013 Project of OTECO-Portservice terminal in Taman to apply for state environmental approval in 2014
- 23.09.2013 State Expertise approval of Taman port’s dry cargo district expected in mid October’13
- 17.09.2013 Throughput of NCSP Group down 12.3% to 94.6 mln t in Jan-Aug’13