Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
National Tourism Administration works to improve the tourism statistics methodology.
According to the agency’s Chairman Giorgi Sigua, while conducting the accounting of international travellers, National Tourism Administration has been always guided by recommendations of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), clearly delimiting different concepts, such as international traveller, visitor, and tourist.
The statistics, published by National Tourism Administration, received from the information center of the Information and Analysis Department at the Ministry of Internal Affairs, is the dynamics for international travellers and not tourists. However, the number of tourists can be also identified. For instance, last year their number amounted to 41% from the total number of travellers – 1,789,592 people.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 13.09.2013 Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
- 21.08.2013 Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
- 07.08.2013 Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 09.04.2013 Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
- 29.10.2012 Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period
- 22.10.2012 Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December