Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
The tourism flow to Adjara dropped by 50.2% in Q1 2013, compared with the same period in 2012, to only 51,482 tourists. It dropped by 40.2%, compared with the same period in 2011, Business Georgia reports.
103,471 tourists visited Adjara in Q1 2012, 86,089 visited in Q1 2011.
The number of Armenians visiting Adjara dropped by 85.7%, Lithuanians by 60.4%, Latvians by 56.9%, Belarusians by 59.2%, Polacks by 51.2%, Estonians by 45.1%.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 13.09.2013 Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
- 21.08.2013 Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
- 07.08.2013 Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 11.07.2013 Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 29.10.2012 Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period
- 22.10.2012 Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December