Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
The number of visitors in Georgia in January-June 2013 increased by 26%, compared with the same period of 2012, and totaled 2,799,910, News Georgia reports.
The number of tourists increased by 21.4% to 1,085,378 (39% of all foreign visitors), people transiting by 59% to 564,508 (20% of all visitors), others by 18% to 148,024 (41%).
The number of visits in July 2013 increased by 15.6% to 609,189, compared with the same month in 2012.
162,529 visitors arrived from Armenia in July, 139,002 from Turkey, 115,871 from Russia, 109,704 from Azerbaijan, 14,113 from Ukraine, 9,248 from Iran.
The number of visitors from Poland increased by 86%, Czech Republic 39%, Uzbekistan 25%, Kazakhstan 33%, Belarus 57%.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 13.09.2013 Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
- 21.08.2013 Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 11.07.2013 Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 09.04.2013 Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
- 29.10.2012 Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period
- 22.10.2012 Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December