Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
Tourism Agency of Adjara reports that compared to 2012, 11.67% more tourists have arrived in Adjara this year. According to the Agency, the data was determined by hotel occupancy rate in January - August.
They say a flow of Russian visitors was particularly noticeable this year that is 60% higher than last year's figures. The number of Turkish, Azerbaijani, Polish and Ukrainian tourists has also increased. The Agency explains an increase in the flow of tourists by right marketing campaigns.
According to them, an online advertising campaign was introduced this year and 30-50% more amount is spent on advertising campaign compared with last year. In 2013, an advertising campaign budget reaches 2 million 600 thousand GEL, while 3 million GEL will be spent on marketing campaigns in 2014.
Adapted from Commersant
More on the topic
- 21.08.2013 Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
- 07.08.2013 Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 11.07.2013 Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 09.04.2013 Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
- 29.10.2012 Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period
- 22.10.2012 Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December