Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
HVS, the leading hotel service consulting company, has published the Hotel Valuation Index 2012 for Russia, the CIS, and Georgia.
According to the research results, Tbilisi hotel market has grown by 14 % in 2012 versus 1% in 2011. Tbilisi hotel market performance has been assessed as strong - they have enabled Tbilisi’s rise by three positions comparing with last year results. Most of the markets maintained their rankings with the exception of Tbilisi, which went up to seventh place, showing exceptionally good ratings.
“Improved operational performance Tbilisi allowed to climb into the top three markets by increase in value in 2012 (14%), from € 155.000 to € 177.000. Improvements in the economic environment and investment climate in Georgia, coupled with cancellation of the visa regime for EU, US, Canadian, and CIS countries’ citizens, assisted in developing the tourism industry”, – Hotel Valuation Index 2012 has noted.
HVS has forecast hotel values in Tbilisi to improve in the medium term, reaching approximately € 262.000 per room by 2017.
English translation by BSN
Adapted from Gruzija Online
More on the topic
- 13.09.2013 Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
- 21.08.2013 Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
- 07.08.2013 Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 11.07.2013 Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 09.04.2013 Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period
- 22.10.2012 Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December