Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December
20 days will be needed to pull the main carrying rope. Eight gondolas, each designed for 8 people, will be moving along 2.5 km long track at ten-minute intervals.
The project was developed by Austrian company Doppel Meyer. Installation works are performed by JSC «Elektrostroitel». 15 million GEL will be spent on the ropeway’s construction.
English translation BSN
Adapted from Business Georgia
More on the topic
- 13.09.2013 Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
- 21.08.2013 Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
- 07.08.2013 Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 11.07.2013 Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 09.04.2013 Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
- 29.10.2012 Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period