Georgian tourist agencies lose $500,000 as tensions increase in Egypt
Georgian tourist agencies have already lost half a million dollars due to the political turmoil in Egypt, Kommersant radio cites the Georgian Tourism Association as saying.
According to the one of the tourist agencies, the majority of clients have cancelled their tours.
Adapted from Vestnik Kavkaza
More on the topic
- 13.09.2013 Number of tourists in Adjara increased almost by 12% this year
- 07.08.2013 Over 1 million tourists visited Georgia in January-June
- 25.07.2013 Up to $600 thousand will be spent for advertising of Georgia abroad
- 11.07.2013 Georgia works to improve the tourism statistics methodology
- 26.06.2013 Turkish “Reina” to invest USD 25 million into hotel construction in Adzharia
- 09.04.2013 Tourism flow to Adjara halves in Q1 2013
- 29.10.2012 Tbilisi tops the international Hotel Valuation Index 2012
- 27.10.2012 Gudauri and Bakuriani hotels are fully booked for the New Year period
- 22.10.2012 Ropeway will open in Batumi in late December