Crimea to develop underwater and historical tourism
The Black Sea Underwater Research Center will exert every effort to develop underwater and historical tourism in the Crimea.
Such information has been presented to BSNews by the press service of the Crimean Council of Ministers.
At the opening ceremony of the exhibition called «From the ancient days», the entity’s manager Sergey Voronov has stated that «the Crimea is not only a beautiful sea, beaches, and boarding houses – it also represents the great underwater history».
According to the researcher, only 5 objects out of 2500 sunken ships have the Government monument status.
English translation by BSN
More on the topic
- 30.08.2013 Crimea planning to accept 6 million tourists until year end - Liev
- 23.08.2013 Tourists' demand for Crimean off-peak season 15 percent up
- 13.08.2013 Crimea profits from skis, foreigners and weekend in May
- 08.08.2013 Vilkul: Up to 50 m tourists to visit Ukraine every year by 2022
- 25.07.2013 More than 3 million people recreated in the Crimea
- 19.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 18.07.2013 Crimea predicts growing number of tourists in autumn season
- 12.07.2013 Crimean Mini Hotel Association notes the growth in the number of vacationers during the high season
- 08.07.2013 Ministry of Resorts recommends tourists to register before going to Crimean mountain routes
- 05.07.2013 From now on Ukrainian hotels must place the category signs at their facades
- 04.07.2013 1.77 million persons recreated in the Crimea by the beginning of July
- 27.06.2013 British Prince Michael of Kent to visit Sevastopol