Two injured in dust explosion at Novosrossiysk Grain Terminal
An explosion of grain dust occurred at KSK grain handling complex based in Novorossiysk port during loading of export grain to ship.
According to available information obtained from the State Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre of Ministry of Transport, two maintenance and repair workers were injured in the explosion. They sustained minor burn injuries, and contusion and were evacuated to the hospital. No damage to the vessel and cargo handling equipment was reported.
JSC Kombinat Stroykomplekt (KSK) is a Novorossiysk based deepwater grain terminal owned by Deloports. The facility's capacity is 3.5 million tonnes of grain a year. The terminal specializes in handling suction bulk, general and Ro-Ro cargoes. The KSK terminal was launched in 2006.
Adapted from Portnews
More on the topic
- 07.11.2013 Russia agrees to refer Fedorovych case to Ukraine
- 30.10.2013 Vessels having collided in Kiel Canal had crew members of Russian and Ukrainian nationalities
- 01.10.2013 Russia refuses to release Ukrainian fisherman Fedorovych on bail
- 12.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia to hold talks on fate of Ukrainian fisherman
- 12.08.2013 Sailors from MAXIMA ship return to Ukraine
- 31.07.2013 A foreign bulker allides with quay wall in Novorossiysk port
- 31.07.2013 Chemical tanker Meteora aground off Dardanelles, Aegean sea
- 23.07.2013 Ukrainian ship Etel seized in Bengazi by armed brigands claiming political motivation - photos and maps
- 23.07.2013 Product tanker Aegean Rose damaged in allision, Aspropyrgos, Greece
- 19.07.2013 Ukraine sends note to Russia demanding joint probe into death of Ukrainian sailors in Azov Sea
- 18.07.2013 Russian Border Service boat sank a Ukrainian fishing longboat after pursuit in the Azov Sea – there are several dead victims / Map
- 17.07.2013 Blazing сontainer ship Hansa Brandenburg abandoned and adrift, crew rescued