Russian Border Service boat sank a Ukrainian fishing longboat after pursuit in the Azov Sea – there are several dead victims / Map
According to the Ukrainian State Border Service, a collision of a Ukrainian longboat and a boat of the Russian Border Service Coast Guard occurred on July 17, 2013, at approximately 18.00, in the Azov Sea near the Russian Vorontsovka settlement.
According to the information, received from the orderly officer of the Fishing Vessel Monitoring Center, the collision of the Russian Border Service boat with the Ukrainian small-size vessel occurred during the pursuit and maneuvers near Dolzhanskaya spit. As a result, the fishing vessel turned over.
According to the preliminary information, one member of the crew was rescued. In the course of search-and-rescue operations bodies of 2 drowned fishers were found on July 18 at approximately 5.30 am. The search of two other men is still in progress.
The Ukrainian State Border Service has informed that the Russian party has received a proposal to conduct a special meeting at the location of the accident to clarify all circumstances of the incident and, later on, to conduct joint investigation on the situation, under which the Ukrainian longboat with fisher sank.
More on the topic
- 19.12.2013 Two injured in dust explosion at Novosrossiysk Grain Terminal
- 07.11.2013 Russia agrees to refer Fedorovych case to Ukraine
- 30.10.2013 Vessels having collided in Kiel Canal had crew members of Russian and Ukrainian nationalities
- 01.10.2013 Russia refuses to release Ukrainian fisherman Fedorovych on bail
- 12.09.2013 Ukraine, Russia to hold talks on fate of Ukrainian fisherman
- 12.08.2013 Sailors from MAXIMA ship return to Ukraine
- 31.07.2013 A foreign bulker allides with quay wall in Novorossiysk port
- 31.07.2013 Chemical tanker Meteora aground off Dardanelles, Aegean sea
- 23.07.2013 Ukrainian ship Etel seized in Bengazi by armed brigands claiming political motivation - photos and maps
- 23.07.2013 Product tanker Aegean Rose damaged in allision, Aspropyrgos, Greece
- 19.07.2013 Ukraine sends note to Russia demanding joint probe into death of Ukrainian sailors in Azov Sea
- 17.07.2013 Blazing сontainer ship Hansa Brandenburg abandoned and adrift, crew rescued