Russia cuts gas price for Ukraine to $268.5 per 1,000 cubic meters
Ukraine's Naftogaz and Russia's Gazprom have agreed on the price of natural gas at $268.5 per 1,000 cubic meters.
This is stated in an addition to the contract concerning the purchase of Russian gas, its delivery, amount, and transit terms of January 19, 2009 between Gazprom and Naftogaz, which was signed by the sides after a meeting of the Ukrainian-Russian interstate commission in Moscow on Tuesday, a Ukrinform correspondent in Russia has reported.
"Gazprom and Naftogaz of Ukraine signed an addition that gives Gazprom an opportunity, and it plans to do so, to sell gas to Ukraine at a price of 268.5 dollars per 1,000 cubic meters," Russian President Vladimir Putin said.
More on the topic
- 25.11.2013 Gazprom not revising gas contract with Ukraine
- 11.11.2013 Naftogaz stops gas purchases from Gazprom, media reports say
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine's EU integration will make Gazprom's participation in GTS consortium impossible
- 04.10.2013 Russian natural gas for Ukraine to cost about $410 in Q4, 2013
- 03.09.2013 Naftogaz planning to cut Russia gas purchase to 18 billion cu m in 2014
- 29.08.2013 Boiko, Miller agree on gas transit
- 02.08.2013 Naftogaz to pump up to 2.5 billion cubic meters of Russian gas in August
- 02.07.2013 Russia, Ukraine not negotiating consortium to manage GTS - Gazprom CEO
- 01.07.2013 Gazprom unwilling to store gas in Ukraine - Miller
- 26.06.2013 Russia blocking gas supply from Slovakia - energy ministry
- 25.06.2013 “Gazprom” plans natural gas supplies to Ukraine from Slovakia
- 05.11.2012 Rejection of Russian gas will cost Ukraine 207 billion dollars