Naftogaz stops gas purchases from Gazprom, media reports say
NJSC Naftogaz of Ukraine since last Friday, November 8, has stopped buying gas from Russia's gas monopoly JSC Gazprom, Echo of Moscow reported citing the Central Dispatching Department of Fuel Energy Complex (CDU TEK) on Monday.
"Already from the first days of November the purchases have fallen by half, then they were counted in single digits, and since last Friday the imports stopped altogether," reads a report.
At the same time, Naftogaz itself refused to provide any evidence that the company had stopped buying gas from Russia.
According to ITAR -TASS, the company's answer whether the information is true was as follows: "We do not refute it, but do not confirm." Naftogaz's press office refused to provide any explanation.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 18.12.2013 Russia cuts gas price for Ukraine to $268.5 per 1,000 cubic meters
- 25.11.2013 Gazprom not revising gas contract with Ukraine
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine's EU integration will make Gazprom's participation in GTS consortium impossible
- 04.10.2013 Russian natural gas for Ukraine to cost about $410 in Q4, 2013
- 03.09.2013 Naftogaz planning to cut Russia gas purchase to 18 billion cu m in 2014
- 29.08.2013 Boiko, Miller agree on gas transit
- 02.08.2013 Naftogaz to pump up to 2.5 billion cubic meters of Russian gas in August
- 02.07.2013 Russia, Ukraine not negotiating consortium to manage GTS - Gazprom CEO
- 01.07.2013 Gazprom unwilling to store gas in Ukraine - Miller
- 26.06.2013 Russia blocking gas supply from Slovakia - energy ministry
- 25.06.2013 “Gazprom” plans natural gas supplies to Ukraine from Slovakia
- 05.11.2012 Rejection of Russian gas will cost Ukraine 207 billion dollars