Gazprom not revising gas contract with Ukraine
Gazprom is not revising the current gas contract with Ukraine, Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov has told the BBC Russian.
The official representative of the Russian gas monopoly Gazprom said that there were no plans to change gas contracts with Ukraine.
Kupriyanov also said that he knew nothing about the promises given to the Ukrainian government. "We are not commenting on this," Kupriyanov said.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said in an interview with the ICTV television channel on Sunday that Moscow promised to revise the gas price after Kyiv halted preparations for the signing of an association agreement with the European Union.
Adapted from Ukrinform
More on the topic
- 18.12.2013 Russia cuts gas price for Ukraine to $268.5 per 1,000 cubic meters
- 11.11.2013 Naftogaz stops gas purchases from Gazprom, media reports say
- 30.10.2013 Ukraine's EU integration will make Gazprom's participation in GTS consortium impossible
- 04.10.2013 Russian natural gas for Ukraine to cost about $410 in Q4, 2013
- 03.09.2013 Naftogaz planning to cut Russia gas purchase to 18 billion cu m in 2014
- 29.08.2013 Boiko, Miller agree on gas transit
- 02.08.2013 Naftogaz to pump up to 2.5 billion cubic meters of Russian gas in August
- 02.07.2013 Russia, Ukraine not negotiating consortium to manage GTS - Gazprom CEO
- 01.07.2013 Gazprom unwilling to store gas in Ukraine - Miller
- 26.06.2013 Russia blocking gas supply from Slovakia - energy ministry
- 25.06.2013 “Gazprom” plans natural gas supplies to Ukraine from Slovakia
- 05.11.2012 Rejection of Russian gas will cost Ukraine 207 billion dollars